For any St. Catharines residents interested in the final phase of the 2-way traffic conversion in downtown, there will be a Public Information Centre taking place on February 6th from 4 to 7pm at City Hall in the 3rd floor Atrium.
The details are as follows for the proposed changes:
- Church Street (from Court Street to Geneva Street) – converted to two-way
- Church Street (from King Street to Niagara Street) – reconstructed
- Queenston Street (from Geneva Street to Riordan Street) – reconstructed and converted to two-way
- Geneva Street (from St. Paul Street to Church Street) – reconstructed
- Niagara Street (from Geneva Street to Church Street) – realigned and reconstructed
- St. Paul Street (from Geneva Street to Court Street) – reconstructed
- The reconstruction will include street-scaping, sidewalk improvements, traffic signal and street lighting upgrades and construction of a new park at the intersection of Queenston Street, Niagara Street and Geneva Street.