The issues of the most public interest (that I’ve heard, anyway):
- A presentation by the manager of Environmental Health at Niagara Region on the current rat/rodent issues being experienced int eh City, and
- A debate on how to best allocate the 4 million dollar hydro dividend. I have stated my opinion on this; I think we need to fund an Affordable Housing program in our Community Improvement Plan to help groups looking to build affordable housing units get their projects started. I also so the need to start building towards a new outdoor pool build, and I think some money towards parks or community gardens is necessary.
A rundown of what else is coming:
- A minor zoning bylaw amendment for 200 Bunting Rd;
- A new policy for community gardens on City land;
- A request to waive fees for a Hotel Dieu Shaver event;
- An award of services for an Employment Land Needs assessment;
- A Public Meeting for a draft plan of condominium at 17 East St;
- A Public Meeting to stop up, close nad declare surplus the lane between Lakeside Dr. and Runcorn St.;
- A Public Meeting on a proposed bylaw to regulate trees on city property;
- And a motion asking the City to negotiate for the Port Dalhousie Piers after they’ve been rehabilitated by the Federal government.