Just a quick note to remind folks of the upcoming budget meetings coming up today, November 23rd in Council chamber at 4:30, and Wednesday November 25th at 3:30pm in the same place. There are a number of important topics being discussed in both of these meetings.
On the 23rd, the agenda includes:
- Discussions with the Commissioner of Operations regarding the proposed Winter Control reserve budget, sidewalk snow removal for seniors and enhanced removal in the downtown and reports that have come to Council regarding Asset Management;
- Proposed changes to the Budget night process itself – the proposal is to change to a two night process, where the budget would be presented and any amendments to the budget dealt with on night one, along with public comment on the budget, and the second night given over to debate of amendments and the budget itself, allowing staff time to explain the implications of any proposed amendments;
- And timeline information related to the work plan of the Standing Budget Committee.
On the 25th, we’re looking at the following:
- Changes made stemming from the November 3rd meeting on the Schedule of Rates and Fees;
- And other issues held over from the 3rd.
If residents have questions, comments or concerns related to the budget, feel free to tweet them with #STCbudget, or email the committee at email@example.com. If you have any comments directed at me, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.